Microsoft Excel is still one of the world’s most widely used data tools and a new feature (for desktop), ‘Data from Picture’, means that you can now import a picture of a data table and convert it into a usable one within Excel. Here’s how:
– Save a cropped-down screenshot of an excel data table.
– Open Excel and go to the ‘Data’ tab (top menu).
– Select the (new) ‘From Picture’ option (top menu).
– From the drop-down options choose ‘Picture from file’.
– Select and click ‘insert’. Right hand side of the screen will show as collecting and preparing data.
– Click ‘Review’ or ‘Insert Anyway’ if happy you’re happy that the table produced is accurate.