Many people may be familiar with how to set up an ‘out of office’ email in Outlook, but it can also be done in Gmail too. Here’s how:
– Log in to Gmail and select the ‘gear’ (settings) symbol (top right).
– Select ‘See all settings’.
– Scroll down to ‘Vacation responder’ and change the setting to ‘on’.
– Select the date of the first day you’ll be away. Although it is not necessary to enable and select a last day, it may be a good idea just in case you forget to switch the autoreply off.
– Type your subject line and autoreply message.
– If you only want to target the autoreply to people you already know, select ‘Only send a response to people in my Contacts’.
– Select Save Changes.
– To turn the autoreply off again, follow the route through Gmail Settings to the ‘Vacation responder’ section and switch to ‘off’.