If you have Amazon Echo devices in your home (or office), the ‘Drop In’ feature allows you to use Alexa as an intercom through your Echo devices. Here’s how:
– Open your Alexa app.
– Tap ‘Devices’ (lower-right corner).
– Tap ‘Echo & Alexa’ to display a list of all of your Echo devices and enable ‘Drop In’ on each device.
– Scroll down to ‘Communications’ and select ‘Drop In’ (to select from ‘On’, ‘My Household’, or ‘Off’). ‘On’ allows only permitted contacts to Drop In, ‘My Household’ is so only devices on your account can Drop In. For no Dropping In, choose Off.
To Drop In (use the Echo as an intercom):
– For a specific device: say “Alexa, drop in on Living Room Echo” (or wherever the Echo is). The name of the device can also be used if you know it.
– For a group of devices, if there is more than one on in one area (e.g. the living room) say “Alexa, drop in on Living Room.”
– To speak to the whole household/all devices: ask Alexa to “Drop in everywhere.”
– To end the Drop In connection: say “Alexa, end drop in.”